National Black Police Association Annual Conference CELEBRATING IT'S 25th ANNIVERSARY
Lawrence Inquiry to Casey Review - How Far Have We Come?
South Wales Police are honoured to be hosting the National Black Police Association Conference - Lawrence Inquiry to Casey Review: How far Have We Come? The Conference coincides with the NPBA’s 25th Anniversary and will be held at Cardiff City Hall, South Wales, between the 10th -12th October 2023.
The event provides an excellent opportunity for key stakeholders to come together to analyse the current state of Police and Race Relations within Britain's Police Services and between the communities they serve. Come together to share reflective practice and find pragmatic solutions. The conference will assist in the development of strategies to support the progression of Policing and Criminal Justice in the UK. If you are committed and interested in recruitment, retention and progression and increasing diversity within Policing at all levels, or the development of Inclusive Race and Gender based practice within the Criminal Justice arena, this conference is for you.
This conference will provide you with opportunities to facilitate improved community engagement, participation, and Community Cohesion within you service and your communities.
- Hear from contributors who are Senior Members of Parliament and Welsh Government, Home Office Officials, Leaders from The College of Policing, National Police Chiefs Council, The Association of Police and Crime Commissions and Leading professionals within the criminal justice arena.
- Hear from keynote speakers with objective perspectives on current policing matters.
- Have an excellent opportunity to network with leaders within policing and of the community.
- Participate in interactive workshops with clear learning outcomes.
Attend to improve your understanding of minority groups, their concerns and their lived experience of policing practice. Learn ways to improve trust and confidence in your business area among underrepresented groups who work within police services, or those who use our services, or are victims of crime. Attract, recruit, retain and progress people from underrepresented groups and improve their experience of the police. Learn how you can overcome the challenges, develop strategies to smash the glass and break the concrete ceiling. Contribute to building a police service we all would like to see, your communities deserve, and where people feel respected. A police service of the people, for the people in which people are proud to belong.
- 10th October, Host City Reception, Social and Networking Event, 18:45 to 23:00. Only available to full conference delegates and invited guests.
- 11th October 1st Day of Conference, 09:00 to 16:30. An excellent line up of Keynote speakers and exhibitors.
- 11th October, Awards Presentation and Gala Dinner 18:45 to 01:00. Cultural food and entertainment.
- 12th October 2nd Day of Conference, 09:30 to 14:00. An excellent line up of Keynote speakers, a selection of progressive workshops and exhibitors.
All events will take place at Cardiff City Hall which is completely accessible.
There is an early bird discount rate of 10% applicable to all tickets purchased by the 31st August 2023 - just enter the code EB2023 when prompted to activate the discount.